There will be a (free) tutorial on the 1000 genomes project at this year's ASHG meeting on Wednesday, November 3, 7:00 – 9:30pm. You can register online at the link below. The tutorial will describe the 1000 genomes data, how to access it, and what to do with it. Specifically, the speakers and topics covered are:
2. Description of the 1000 Genomes data -- Gabor Marth
3. How to access the data -- Steve Sherry
4. How to use the browser -- Paul Flicek
5. Structural variants -- Jan Korbel
6. How to use the data in disease studies -- Jeff Barrett
Online registration for 1000 genomes tutorial
Hopefully I'll see some of you there. I'm not sure if imputation is covered in this tutorial. If not, I will cover it here in a future post. I'll soon be using Goncalo Abecasis's 1000 Genomes Imputation Cookbook to impute my own data to the 1kG SNPs, and I'll share any tips I discover along the way.